[RTTY] SARTG ZC4LI SOAB LP

hodgson at cytanet.com.cy hodgson at cytanet.com.cy
Mon Aug 22 01:22:09 PDT 2011

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): Steve
Station: ZC4LI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ESBA CYPRUS
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

   80:    037        20   0550
   40:    110        42   1640
   20:    384        72   5675
   15:    349        69   4985
   10:    016        09   0240
-------------------------------
Total:  896      212  13090  Total Score = 2,775,080

Club: ESBA

Comments:

SO2R

Antennas:-  C/craft A3S @ 50Ft  Titanex 160HD  J Beam
Rigs:-             2 x IC 756 Pro 3's
Amps:-          Acom 1000  Ten-Tec Herc 2
Software:-   Win-Test V 4.8

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's.
Great contest as usual with just the right amount of
activity to keep you going and not too difficult to find
a spot to do some CQing.
Condx on 40 15 and 20 were pretty good with 20 being open
24 hours. Noisy on 80 as usual, and I expected 10 to be a
lot better than it was.

Gripes.

Only me falling asleep for an hour still CQing away, so
if you didn't get a reply - SORRY, and hope that you got
me later.

SO2R has an advantage over SO1R even with my limited set up.
At present I can set up a freq on each radio, but then if I
want to change freq I have to do it manually reconnecting cables
and stubs to the filters. I have had the gear to do it electronically
for quite some time but I need a genius to set it up for me.
The main advantage is that you can be CQing on one band and searching
on another.
You can also do 2 Qso's at the same time after a bit of practice
by interleaving them, the RTTY mode lends itself to this, mind you
it doesn't leave much brain power left to watch the sport on the telly !!

Log is on LoTW and EQsl, for a card please see QRZ.COM

73 and hope to see you in the SCC next weekend,  Steve.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/