[RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 04:38:58 PDT 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:33:35 -0800, "Gary AL9A" <al9a at mtaonline.net> wrote:

>hope no rookies were working the contest as guest ops at an Elmer's station
>only to be denied a QSO because they "weren't a rookie".  I think some of
>our brethren need to chill!

REPLY:

I was one of those callind CQ ROOKIES ONLY, but it wasn't because I'm a mean old
guy.  :-)  I interpreted the zero-point rule to mean that non-rookies should
focus on working the new folks instead of working stations we have probably
worked many times before. Who cares if us old timers rack up a bunch of points?
This contest is for the rookies!

The rules could stand a little reworking, I think.

73, Bill W6WRT