[RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 22 17:06:33 PDT 2011

Immediately after SARTG ended I started calling CQ ROOKIES and there wasn't a RTTY signal anywhere on 20 meters.  When I came back
an hour later there were 20 or so signals on 20M RTTY.  I made two contacts with Rookies while S&P, left the shack, then came back
around 2049Z.

>From 2049-2104Z I called CQ worked 8 Rookies and 1 non-Rookie in a row, then I had to leave the radio.  So I have to think there
were more Rookies out there than we know.  I guess we'll know more when the results are posted.

Maybe the rookies don't know about submitting their scores to 3830.  I did look at the 3830 report and only a few calls listed.

I'm hoping there were a lot more Rookies than we realize.  It was strange because some of the Rookie calls were like W8DCB, AB1OD,
W4DTB and K3TXT which  you wouldn't think would be Rookies, but they were.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com