[RTTY] TX problem

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 23 12:01:32 PDT 2011

I spent some time in the SARTG and Rookie contests this past weekend. I was
running 90 watts ( don't have amp) and an external cooling fan. During the
SARTG contest rig would stop transmitting. By turning it off for a few
minutes I could TX again. I thought my cooling fan may have stopped running
and the heat protection was working. The time I could TX kept getting
shorter until now I can not TX at all. The radio can TX CW and SSB. I have
tried to TX RTTY in MMTTY, N1MM and MixW programs. It apparently is a
software condition. I did not change any of my set up. This just suddenly
started. I have looked into my settings and I don't see anything out of
order. I am set up for RTTY only, no CAT or any type of rig control or
spotting used. Just plain RTTY to run contests thru N1MM with the MMTTY
engine.

YAESU Mark-5,  RigBlaster Plus,  Windows XP Prof.
Any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem is appreciated.

Dick  -  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, Missouri 65251 U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net