[RTTY] (no subject)

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Aug 23 15:26:37 PDT 2011

 > I may be missing something here, but how are the newer rigs generating
 > FSK ? Are they shifting xtals or just sideband tones ?

Depending on the design they are using different approaches ... some
are generating audio tones (at a fixed level relative to the carrier
oscillator into the balanced modulator),  some are directly shifting
the frequency of the carrier oscillator (a synthesizer, not a crystal)
and one is directly generating the FSK signal using DSP at a low IF.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV