[RTTY] WLO RTTY

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Thu Aug 25 17:55:20 PDT 2011

Glen K0BO,

Thanks for the tip. Good copy tonight and all I had to do was to click on the fldigi Rv (Reverse) button on the bottom menu bar.  One item of decoded text said

"…WLO IS INTERESTED IN WHO IS COPYING AND WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED. PLEASE E-MAIL RESPONSES TO WLONEW(AT)OLYPEN.COM"

I sent an SWL report.  Now I have to remember to unCheck the Rv button.

73 Dick AA5VU

-----------
WLO RTTY
Posted by: "Glenn-(K0BO)" yahoo at vambo.org   gavalenta
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 pm (PDT)

Hi Folks!
I found WLO's unencrypted RTTY news feed @ 8473Khz 45.5/170.

Since the signal is "commercial", I had to invert it by putting the radio in
lsb instead of the normal digital mode the radio (FT1kMP-Mrk5Fld) normally uses
when on the ham bands to decode it.

I would have sworn that fldigi had an invert mode. Am I missing something or
was I wrong?

Thank you in advance and 73! Glenn K0BO