[RTTY] FT-847 on RTTY

Bato, Andras bato at starjan.hu
Fri Aug 26 12:58:59 PDT 2011

Hello Mark N2QT,

I use my 847 for RTTY for two years while I have made great many Qs on
all the HF bands.

On LotW I have some 90 DXCC entities confirmed.

The software is MMTTY. You may watch the signal window while in LSB and
you may turn the DSP pots in opposite directons to have a narrow bandwidth.

There's no need for any kind of additional filters -although I wish I
had one at least for CW...

The AF input and output from your audio card together with the T//R
control from a serial port goes to the red jack socket on the rear side
of the radio.

So easy it is. Otherwise just cunsult your users' manual!

gl de ha6nn
Andras