[RTTY] J6

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sun Dec 4 09:44:44 PST 2011

I hope I put a small dent in the RTTY needs for J6.  I wish I could have
operated more but this was a vacation and exploratory trip.  I hope to
return in February if the stars align.

I had some issues with the multichannel decoders but I think I got
better as the trip went on.  When working right it is really quick.

I do need some help in setting up my macros to allow for a now XX1XX as
I had a number of stations in the queue but my macros were set for one
at a time.

The RTTY pileups might have been worse than any of the others.   Some
people still continue to send their brag files which is just a waste of
time.  Nothing personal but my goal is to work people quickly.  Your
radio and location and even your name is not needed.  599 is all I was
looking for.

It was easy to spot those who attempt to brute force their way into the
log by finding the station I am working and just open up on top of
them.  The decoder allows you to see those stations jump around.  I
would run simplex until the masses arrived and refused to listen, at
that time I had to go split.  Most of the time my xmit frequency clear.
This trend of nonstop calling and calling over the top of the station
that was called is getting worse, nearly as bad as CW or SSB where once
I asked the ssb pileup if they intended to work me or just create noise
and not allow me to work anyone.  Even with the few contacts a few
people felt the need to dupe me a number of times.

Thanks for your patience while I stumbled along HI!

I worked about 500 RTTY contacts out of the 1600 contacts I made outside
the CW contest.

My logs are up on clublog.org and all contacts for J6M and J6/W0MU have
been uploaded to LOTW.  QSL via W0MU.

Mike W0MU

--
Mike W0MU