[RTTY] ZK2V on 40-meters

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 10:36:22 PST 2011

On 12/14/2011 7:49 AM, Don AA5AU wrote:
> Then there was the time I was calling CQ in the middle of the afternoon on 40 meters and a VK6 came back to me (presumably longpath).  40 meters has always been my favorite band and the only band, up until recently with LoTW, that I chased DXCC on.  Sometimes you never know where your signal is being received.
>
> 73, Don AA5AU

40 meters has always had a certain "magical" quality to me, especially
in the wee hours of the morning local time when everyone has apparently
gone to bed. Many times I will be the only one on the band and I start
thinking - here I am, calling CQ on a slice of the spectrum which would
be worth literally millions of dollars if it were to be sold, and it's
all mine.  And then if I'm lucky someone will answer from 10,000 miles
away.

It doesn't get any better than that. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT