[RTTY] NAQP RTTY

Dave Kalter kb8ocp at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 18:35:38 PST 2011

I am right there with you doug!
 I run a pair of old TS-520 rigs.
I cannot turn down the power from 100W (unless I backfeed the ALC with -9V or so because I am too lazy to do it:)
 Never in 20 years of RTTY contesting with these rigs have I had a resistor smoke or tube fail, unless it was a careless mistake of my own!
 But I do keep a set of screen resistors, driver and final tubes close at hand for when I fall asleep at the wheel!
I wish I had a rate that would warrant the need for external cooling..
(I have come close hi hi).but I don't.
100W Rtty contesting with these old boat anchors is FB and fun either AFSK or FSK!
73
Dave Kalter
KB8OCP
Dayton Hamvention® Forums Chairman