[RTTY] VP8ORK 20m Yesterday

Dick Flanagan dick at k7vc.com
Tue Feb 8 04:59:18 PST 2011

Give us some more details to sink our teeth in, Greg.  What kind of
radio?  What lind of computer?   What kind of CPU and how fast is
it?  What kind of comm ports (real or USB) do you have?

What kind off sound hardware are you trying to use?  An interface
that uses your system's sound card or does it have one of its own
external sound card?  (What make and model?)  Are you trying to
operate ASKS or FSK, do you know, do you care?

What have you tried; what worked and what didn't?  Describe
everything to us so we can see what you see and know what you have
done and with what.  Millions of Windows-generated RTTY QSOs have
been made by thousands of operators with few of any problems.

These things can be frustratingly complicated to set up, but once you
get past that last stage, they tend to just run and run.

Tell us all the ugly details, Greg, and the brain trust on this group
should have you on the air in no time.

Dick K7VC