[RTTY] K or carriage return

W70m at aol.com W70m at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 16:20:58 PST 2011

Many 1 by 2 calls and K calls ended their macro transmissions with  the
letter K.  A few ended with a carriage return.  I found that the  carriage
return separated the macro's content cleanly while the "K" often did  not.
Others had there macros set to end with the final message, often a  number or
call.  Then the noise got hold of the received line and often  confused the
receiver as to is the number complete and/or the call was  right.

For purposes of a thread, I find the use of carriage returns at the
termination of a macro to save a lot of repeats; not to mention busted  calls.

Those ending a macro with their 1 by 2 calls should at least  introduce a
space before terminating the transmission.

73

Rod W7OM