[RTTY] K or carriage return

Kevin H. Phillips kh-phillips at 9-5usa.org
Mon Feb 14 07:30:02 PST 2011

On 2/14/2011 8:24 AM, Bill wrote:
> In this last contest, I went 8 minutes between someone answering my cq a
> number of times.
> And with my weeny signal I bet I spent a lot more time than 8 minutes
> making corrections.

Maybe there should be a contest just for those of us in this category.
I can see the plaque now:  "Worked All Weenies".

I've been enjoying contesting since I got into it and I try to put my
best effort into it but so far it hasn't helped pay my mortgage.  On the
contrary, I have spent more, in terms of money, on trying to improve my
station than I've gotten back (in terms of money).  But, I've had fun.

I wish that some of the concern for seconds would go into listening a
bit more instead of transmitting.  I passed over trying to contact
several stations this weekend when I kept seeing the end of their CQ
printing as soon as the carrier from my response to them stopped.  When
I couldn't find a rhythm to break in between their CQ calls I gave up
and moved on.  But, maybe they just couldn't hear my weeny signal.

73
Kevin
W5TTY