[RTTY] K or carriage return

David Levine david at levinecentral.com
Mon Feb 14 07:35:57 PST 2011

I really didn't want to jump into this thread but what the heck. What P49X
and some others do is beyond amazing to me. But the milliseconds they might
theoretically gain by not sending a space and running SO2R (or SO3R, etc)
caused me to wait a few seconds a few times while they handled the other
radio/band.

So I'd almost argue that saving milliseconds for them is less relevant as
they aren't waiting on that radio and working another station on a different
radio. The additional character(s) would only slow anything down if they
were not getting actively logging on both radios.

I've never operated as SO2R and I'd probably stare in amazement watching
someone do it, but that is my take on it.

K2DSL - David