[RTTY] Upside down

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Mon Feb 14 11:34:10 PST 2011

Gary,

Yes you can "re-decode" a RTTY signal using MMTTY. I do this when I make
RTTY presentations at local clubs.

I am not certain how Writelog records RTTY signals, so someone else will
have to fill in the details. Maybe it has a built-in playback feature, I
don't know.

But... if Writelog creates a standard WAV file (or it can be converted
into a WAV file), you can use the Windows Media Player to play the file.
Then have MMTTY running and it will decode the audio it hears that is
coming from Media Player.

Actually, the file type can be any format that Media Player (or any
other Audio program) can understand and play, for example an MP3 file.
For my presentations, I record "off air" signals using the Audacity program.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN