[RTTY] K or carriage return

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Feb 14 11:58:02 PST 2011

I don't know for sure why, but I observe it dozens of times in any contest.  I suspect the interface design.  A character is probably still in the serial interface buffer but the software thinks it's done sending and drops the PTT.  PTT shouldn't drop until the interface buffer is empty.  You can't always do that reliably if you're relying strictly on computer software to control everything - you might need to add a one-shot delay after the last character is pushed to the interface before you drop PTT.

Since I can't be sure that my interface isn't causing a problem, I add the space just to be sure.

Al
AB2ZY