[RTTY] 2011 RTTY WPX - USA 3830 Claimed Scores 14Feb2011

James C. Hall, MD heartdoc at nwtcc.com
Mon Feb 14 17:56:18 PST 2011

Dick:

Believe me SO2R does make a difference. BUT, you can rack up quite a score
with SO1R. There were plenty of times this weekend where I was running on
20M and had the #2 rig on 15M and I simply didn't have time to get a S&P
contact in on 15M - the rates were that good - best I've seen in a VERY long
time. Now I'm still learning SO2R and apparently it's a steep curve. I may
not be doing it the right, or most efficient, way. I'm always in awe of Ed
down in Aruba with his tremendous numbers. I always wonder how he manages to
do it without making people wait on one end - obviously no one is waiting
very long with numbers like that. I'm sure it's all in the timing - I just
haven't gotten it yet, whatever 'it' is. And of course we all get those long
'winded' messages that slows things down - a lot! But then again we're
always glad they're there and they're learning too. I'm always happy to get
those 001 contacts if only to introduce someone to RTTY and/or contesting.
It's great ! :)

73, Jamie
WB4YDL