[RTTY] What should I expect from 3db improvement in SNR?

WS7I ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:19:51 PST 2011

All I can echo here is that you need AIR, AIR, in the RF Deck in
places they don't ever think about.  Like the solder melting out of a
Henry tuning section. (Fixed that with more FANS.

Most Amp's even Alpha's require more AIR.  I recall an ARRL National
where the old Alpha guys booth was next to Bill Henry of Hal
Communications booth. I told him I saw where the Ad had the brick on
the key.  Told him I was a RTTY Contester and he quickly told me all
about the extra add-on option for fan's!!

In fact I was just looking at a friends AL-1500 which is what we used
to run at W5KFT's (The Ranch).  They have increased the holes in the
top of recent AL-1200/1500's to much larger surface area.

We always ran additional fans on the AL-1500's and they certainly went
1500 out for the 48 hour tests.  Same with the AL-1200's.  I gave my
last monster fan to Wayne WA1PMA for his new AL-1200.