[RTTY] What should I expect from 3db improvement in SNR?

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Wed Feb 16 15:40:37 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Rudy Bakalov, N2WQ <r_bakalov at yahoo.com>wrote:

This begs of course the next question- how do you establish "presence" on
> the band, particularly on RTTY, where there is no opportunity to apply the
> tone of your voice or vary your CW speed?

Thirty years ago, an old Old Master told me, "You can't be the loudest
signal on the band if you're not transmitting. A few years ago, a not-so-old
Old Master told me, "Think loud, act loud."

Your mileage/presence may vary.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light