[RTTY] RTTY Contesters Have More Fun

John Marranca, Jr KB2HSH at amsat.org
Thu Feb 24 16:19:40 PST 2011

It has only been a year or so since I have been a regular in the RTTY
contests, even though I've been a ham for 23 years.  I have been having a
blast operating the RTTY contests.  (I operate almost 100% digital...since I
have been losing my hearing...at 39.  I figure it's better to let the Mac do
the heavy lifting, than to not operate at all)  I have noticed that RTTY ops
are more patient and willing to work a little harder to make the contact, or
even to help a newcomer.

Even at QRP power levels, I still have quite a bit of fun.  Thanks to all
that listen for my 5 watts!  See you this weekend!

John KB2HSH

--

John Marranca, Jr
-PBX Technician-