[RTTY] GEROGE vs GEORGE

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Sun Feb 27 07:32:21 PST 2011

"An operator last night, that I see no evidence is on this mailing list, was
sending his name as GEROGE vs GEORGE.

If I were the log checker, and I'm not, nor will ever be, I would check the
station sending GEROGE, against their Cabrillo file. If they indicated
GEORGE in the Cabrillo file, and many stations had copied GEROGE, I would
place that log in the check log category, as what they were sending did not
agree with what many stations copied. That being said, I would have also
placed the log of T0M in the check log category, if the same thing happened.
It is as much the responsibility of the sending station to "get it right",
as it is of the receiving station.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW