[RTTY] 3601.5

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Feb 27 08:44:26 PST 2011

I wonder if it isn't time to ask the FCC to change the rules to allow
narrow band (RTTY and PSK31) digital modes everywhere CW is permitted,
or at least provide an expansion on 80 meters.

The rest of the world already operates above 3600 fairly regularly and
I can see significant issues for international communications.  I think
the Commission had a blind spot for digital modes when it expanded
phone operation all the way down to 3600.  Perhaps 3650 is a better
compromise.  The area between 3625 and 3750 is generally empty most of
the time and moving phone up 50 KHz would not be significant burden on
US licensees.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV