[RTTY] Three lessons from NAQP

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 19:52:03 PST 2011

Phil,

You are right about the chance of confusion.  Same for the guys having CQ as part of their call sign.  It depends on your objective.
If it's to get your Q rate kicked up, then make the adjustments so that your name and state are not sharing the same letters.  Even
if you only do it for this contest, you will be rewarded with a lot less requests to resend.

For your clearling message, just reply TU N9LAH QRZ - or TU N9LAH CQ.  Sending the station's call you just worked does not benefit
anyone.  And the inclusion of your call makes a late appearing S&P station immediately ready to rock instead of having to wait for
you to send the CQ again.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com