[RTTY] Suggestions for RTTY RU

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 14:11:22 PST 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 12:27:26 -0700, "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt at w0raa.com>
wrote:

>I'd like to make a couple suggestions or so:
>
>1.  Please DO NOT use CUT NUMBERS in the Contest!
>
>2.  Send 599, NOT 5NN or TOO!

REPLY:

Nobody actually sends TOO. That is what prints when the FIGS shift
character in front of 599 is lost or garbled.

If everyone would do two things those mis-prints would be greatly
reduced:

1. Be sure Un Shift On Space turned on (USOS), which is the default for
most software anyway. Just don't turn it off.

and

2. Put a space between elements of your exchange instead of hyphens or
other characters such as a slash.

USOS is a great help but hyphens and other characters defeat it. Please
don't use them.

73, Bill W6WRT