[RTTY] [CQ-Contest] [WriteLog] Suggestions for RTTY RU

Doug McDuff w4ox at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 3 12:58:47 PST 2011

Unless I am missing something, if we are at the point of the exchange
I would assume that the other station already has my call and there
is no need to utilize "DE" or necessarily append my call (thereby
potentially saving 1.33 seconds per instance).  Further, I haven't
utilized "DE" in the exchange that I can recall for a number of years.

My more specific question then, in light of the discussion, is what
"suffering" (other than the loss of .167 seconds) am I likely to
cause if I utilize "DE" in answering a CQ when S&P or in my TU
message for those using some software other than WriteLog?  My
apparent "upside" with those using WriteLog is that they will more
readily copy my call.

Thanks & 73, Doug W4OX