[RTTY] RU Suggestions - Cherry Picking

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Tue Jan 4 15:00:02 PST 2011

Jim W7RY,

I am not worried about it or any of the other RU suggestions. If
one station was doing it over and over again, I would send him
a private note.

Like I indicated in the posting most of the time the station(s) are
sending directed reports. I suspect it may be an operator glitch
related to linked maros. The operator may have selected a call but
his selection was not registered, or he may have pushed the send
button too fast causing the software to send a report macro
with a blank call sign. This is why I used "try to control" as I
do not think it is an intentional practice. As observed on the S&P
side it looks like cherry picking.

Non directed reports cause confusing with S&P stations having to
call again.

73 Dick AA5VU