[RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 97, Issue 5

W4LA at aol.com W4LA at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 14:58:14 PST 2011

I love it Chen!!  Very good point.  I will ALWAYS  use DE.  Having been a
ham for over 50 years, I can't see why change  now.  It has never been nor
will it ever be too confusing to me  and BTW, I am not a rocket scientist!
73's,
Todd / W4LA

In a message dated 1/5/2011 5:39:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
chen at mac.com writes:

On  Jan 5, 2011, at 1:53 PM, Michael Haack wrote:

> As for DE...
>  I will continue to use it, Simply because it works.... And I'm
>  accustomed to look for it.

I agree in general, but it can be very  confusing in the RTTY Roundup (and
other contests where state info is  sent).

For the same reason, you don't want the exchange to include  common words
such as OR, OK, ON, OH, IN, ME, MA, PA, or mention your TX, or if  you are
running on DC power, or mention the year Socrates drank hemlock :-).

Don't end the exchange with an AR or SK, or greet someone in the  afternoon
with a GA either (just use HI since KH6 is DX :-).

Don't send  you name if it is AL or MO.

73
Chen,  W7AY

RTTY mailing  list