[RTTY] Using DE is NOT required

DickT-W0RAA dickt at w0raa.com
Wed Jan 5 15:42:16 PST 2011

Come on, guys.  This DE issue is getting rediculous.  I agree with Bill,
W6WRT, and
Jerry, W4UK.  Namely: DE is a dead issue in identifying.  I also searched
the
Part 97 Rules and found nothing in the section mentioned about DE being
required as part of the station identifier requirement.

Let's get back to the purpose of the reflector.  I am not going to send DE.
I haven't
in years.  I also don't use it in CW contests.  DE is DEAD.  Let it die.  If
you want
to include it in your transmissions in a contest, then do so.

Dick
W0RAA