[RTTY] for K4GMH and W8AV, trouble being decoded

WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Fri Jan 7 03:10:48 PST 2011

Mike, I was the station trying to call you last night, thanks for taking the time to tell me I was loud but you couldn't print anything but an occasional LL OO VV and the DE. Funny thing was W8AV was watching me call you, and he called and said he could print just fine. I'm in VP9, using VP9GE's FT-920, and we had this same trouble in CQWW RTTY.....using a microkeyer, MMTTY and N1MM, although last night, when you couldn't print me in MM, I tried just standalone MMTTY with the same results....I'd really like to get this working for roundup, not sure what to do.....I believe when first started up from a clean boot, everything works fine, but as time goes on, it starts to "stutter"....maybe RF? Just wondering why W8AV could copy me fine, but K4GMH couldn't.....

73, Jamie VP9/WW3S