[RTTY] who understands rtty code, strange thing happening, same characters always dropped

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Fri Jan 7 11:20:16 PST 2011

On Jan 7, 2011, at 1/7    10:56 AM, Kok Chen wrote:

> I wrote the "Unstructured Digital Modes" sectoin of Chapter 16 of
> the 2010 and 2011 Handbooks.

Oops, my apologies... I did not write all of the "Unstructured Digital
Modes."

I only wrote the RTTY, PSK31 descriptions.

Scott N7SS wrote the other sections in the chapter, and descriptions
of the other modes (like Throb and Olivia) in the "Unstructured
Digital Modes," whose internals I have no detailed first hand
knowledge of.

In the 2011 edition, I added the DominoEX write up.

That is probably the limit of my meager knowledge.  Anyone who would
like to give a shot at the 2012 Handbook can volunteer with Ward N0AX;
he will probably asking for authors soon :-).  Help keep RTTY alive.

I volunteered to add ASCII RTTY in the 2011 Handbook, but N0AX
declined, saying there is no activity (cart and horse thing :-).

73
Chen, W7AY