[RTTY] Synergy (Re: 24 Hours before the Roundup

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Fri Jan 7 12:53:57 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 14:36, K3RWN <rwnewbould at comcast.net> wrote:
> For those who prefer two computers, a program called SYNERGY will allow
> networked computers to share a common mouse and keyboard.  The keyboard
> focus moves based on the location of the mouse pointer.  I have come to like

I've used this at work (Linux as the console, Mac OS X as an aux
system) and at home (Linux as console and XP as an aux system) for
many years.  Great program.  Totally insecure unless you tunnel it via
SSH or something, but in most home situations, who cares?

Cut/Paste between platforms has issues at times, but otherwise works
really well.

http://synergy-foss.org/