[RTTY] After the Contest, AMP REPAIRS?? Interface Choices??

Michael Haack mikehaack at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 18:40:50 PST 2011

It was nice to dust off the gear and fire it up again, It has been awhile.
And I didn't realize we had that many RTYers in CA and MT... ;O)

In the aftermath, Two Questions to the group...

1) Who are the goto guys for Amp repairs?
      I have a Dentron MLA-2500B  and a Amp Supply LK500zb, both with
the same  problem.
      The parasitic traps at the tops of the tubes arced during
operation on 10meters.
      ( and not during the contest... Chasing DX as I recall)
      Anyone ever heard of the "AMPLADY"??  Or any thoughts on AES for
service?  Or....???

And...

2)  I still prefer my HAL 3K's but I'm entertaining choices for
interfaces...

      Rigblaster Pro vs  US Interface/Navigator vs the MicroHAM.

      Anybody with thoughts  pro/con between them??

73 de Mike, WB9B