[RTTY] Spotting question

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Jan 10 18:02:35 PST 2011

Don't know if it's a related problem, but when I first started using RTTY it was with AFSK.  I would setup MMTTY so that the mark/space tones were within a reasonable place in the receiver passband, which was never at 2295/2125.

Which meant that if I had spotted a station, the spot frequency would never be the "real" carrier +/- 2295 or whatever the math is.

As a result, I avoided spotting RTTY DX until I set up for FSK.

Al
AB2ZY