[RTTY] Another "macro" suggestion...

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Tue Jan 11 09:18:48 PST 2011

Vladimir...

Actually there are 4 "confirmations" in your reply examples... TU, 73,
VE3IAE, and QRZ.

IMO, the 73 is not needed at all. If you did not receive my report,
there would be neither a TU (which I might or might not decode) and
there definitely would  not be QRZ at the end of your transmission. And
there would most likely not be your callsign either, rather there would
be AGN? AGN? and then silence.

The "timing" changes when a station asks for a repeat of my report. In
other words, the cadence of the following transmission after I send my
report is another clue about a confirmation. I pay close attention to
this timing, especially on marginal signals where the decoding is not
letter perfect.

UE de Bob - KØRC in MN