[RTTY] Post Roundup comments

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 14:38:51 PST 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:58:05 -0800, Kok Chen <chen at mac.com> wrote:

>If you go to the web form page for the 2011 Roundup,
>http://www.b4h.net/cabforms/arrlrttyroundup_cab3.php
>The top righthand menu says "ARRL/RAC Section."
>After trying the web form for a little, I gave up and tried the
>same email address from 2009.  That worked.
>
>ARRL's own paper log says "ARRL Section or Country"
>http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Contest%20Logs/rttylog.pdf

REPLY:

Let's clear this up once and for all.

The reason the ARRL has a place for "section" on those forms is they
want to know your location because awards are handed out by section, not
by state. That does not mean that "section" should be in your exchange.
The rules are quite clear:

"5.2. Multipliers: Each US state (except KH6 and KL7) plus the District
of Columbia (DC), Canadian provinces/territories: NB (VE1, 9), NS (VE1),
QC (VE2), ON (VE3), MB (VE4), SK (VE5), AB (VE6), BC (VE7), NWT (VE8),
NF (VO1), LB (VO2), NU (VYØ), YT (VY1), PEI (VY2) and each DXCC country.
KH6 and KL7 count only as separate DXCC entities."

"Section" goes on your log submittal.
"Stare" goes in your contest exchange.

73, Bill W6WRT