[RTTY] Come on, Why bother?

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 12 06:22:36 PST 2011

I like seeing HI DON because sometimes if copy is marginal and I do see my call
clearly (when I'm S&P), when I see HI DON then I know the report is for me.  I
support using the HI file even though I don't use it.  Many times I see AA5AQ,
AA9AU, and all kinds of variations where a bit gets missed and seeing DON
confirms it's probably me!

I think a lot of people have a misperception of me.  I'm not always out to win,
break records, etc.  I am just thankful that I am able to paricipate in contests
and am in it mainly for the fun.  I don't care what people send me in the
exchange just as long as they call me.  Although I had one station send me three
lines and I wondered why.  But it was OK.  He DID make it in the log!

Don AA5AU