[RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Thu Jan 13 18:13:24 PST 2011

>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Flanagan [mailto:dick at k7vc.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:58 PM
To: Dave AA6YQ
Cc: ed at w0yk.com; rtty at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug

At 05:14 PM 1/13/2011, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
>existing programmatic interfaces.

Wouldn't it be easier to add a checkmark to MMTTY than ask for a change to
every supporting program?  What about those you use MMTTY standalone?  I get
it that you don't want to do it, but your alternatives are a bit extreme.

>>>It took me less than an hour to add the Profile selector to WinWarbler
and then test it. While changing MMTTY might take less time than that, the
difference isn't signficant, even when multiplied by 3.

>>>No developer wants someone changing their app's user interface. I
consider the MMTTY user inferface to be JE3HHT"s exclusive territory; it'd
be inappropriate for me to modify this part of MMTTY.

     73,

         Dave, AA6YQ