[RTTY] Why send 599 report

Fabi va2up va2up at live.ca
Fri Jan 14 15:21:38 PST 2011

I think 599 is there to stay as a matter of 'form and timing'. It's an indicator and it sets the 'beat' of the exchange (as in cw). In a pileup you can tell the exchange just by the sound and 599 is part of that sound. Now if you ask me why some folks send 599 two or three times in their exchange...well still a mistery to me and I think that's a practice that would need some adjustements...
To take out 599 from contesting to me it would be like abolishing the checkered flag at the end of a car race...it's unnecessary but it's 'part of the game'. So let's play. BTW if you're not too tired after the RU , tomorrow UKDX is on and I'll look for you all.

73

Fabi  va2up
http://sites.google.com/site/va2upcontesting/