[RTTY] Yaesu RTTY power

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 23:23:47 PST 2011

The FT2K is a nice rig on PSK.  It's virtually impossible to make a wide signal with it.  Very insensitive to the ALC setting.  And
it's as clean (32db or better) at full output and half output.

For the duty cycle, that's not an issue either.  Yaesu says "more than a few minutes" you should consider reducing power.  Unless
you are prone to 15 minute transmissions, not something to worry about.  I run RTTY all the time and have yet to kill the radio.
Not for lack of trying though!

Good luck.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com