[RTTY] Sound card for RTTY/MMTTY

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 17:29:46 PST 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:35:38 -0600, Robert Chudek - K0RC
<k0rc at citlink.net> wrote:

>As Don had written in his early review of the IC-756, this filter does
>"get on my nerves" if left running all the time. But that toggle button
>on my radio gets a good workout when there are EU openings into my QTH.

REPLY:

That RTTY filter is one of the best features of a Pro3, but I agree it
is aggravating to listen to all the time. Like Robert, I use it mostly
when working EU or other weak stations. EU is a long way from Southern
California and it really helps.

Basically it turns the Pro3 into an FM receiver with the squelch off.

73, Bill W6WRT