[RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS

WS7I ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:48:37 PST 2011

Interesting I have tried all sorts of reports over the years and this year
operated at K7OX's for Roundup.  He had his set up W7WHY 599 WA WA

I don't recall more than a couple of times during the entire time that I
operated that any one asked for a  repeat.  I really don't like that report
nor do I like W7WHY 599 WA WA W7WHY as then someone tuning bye has no idea
who's frequency it is but again that also didn't seem to pose a problem.

I used to send W7WHY 599 WA WA W7WHY DE WS7I but that is far out of vogue.
Not at all sure with one radio that the length of the exchange makes much
difference, but I do agree that you should send the recepient's call with
the exchange.

So I sorta agree with K7OX's method and if you can't copy your call ask for
a repeat and you will get it.

Sort of like when you ask for repeat of serial number of State/Province.
Don't send the entire buffer again program up one that has 001 001 001 001
or WA WA WA WA most of this is always up to the operator but I agree when in
doubt ask for a repeat.