[RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS

John Barber GW4SKA ska at bartg.org.uk
Tue Jan 25 10:48:43 PST 2011

Don has it right with his comments about the Sprint being a pure rate
contest, which is the reason for the number only exchange. What you send has
to depend on the balance between getting the data across correctly and not
wasting time. That's just good operating, like changing your macros to suit
conditions. The last time I checked a AA5AU log he had just 2 callsigns
wrong and 1 'not in log'.

Delbert, I wouldn't wait that long for any station. I don't care if the
typing is slow with no macros or someone sends my call twice on each over;
they could be new ops giving me their first points in a test. No problem and
I'll quite likely hit the keyboard and thank them, then go back to the F
keys. When I wait for someone to finish a contest QSO and they just send
'QSL QRZ' with no call, I go somewhere else and find a better operator.

Cheers, John GW4SKA