[RTTY] MMTTY PROBLEM W/KEYING HELP PLEASE

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Thu Jul 7 20:28:34 PDT 2011

Hi John.  And thank you for the thoughts.   First of all, TNC emulation is not activated.  Also, I am not using radio command at this point.  In both these features, there are no ports activated “NONE”....and it makes no difference which port I tried i.e.  com 3, 4, 5, or 6.   They are all available and not “apparently” in use at this time as I have all of these ports dedicated for Writelog and MMTTY  use here as has been the case since I last was in a contest (last fall, I believe for a short time only).  Everything worked just fine, both the radios and writelog and MMTTY running in the background.  Think I did have to use  EXTFSK supplimental program with the MMTTY engine if I remember correctly.  In order to use MMTTY with WRITELOG for some reason.  Not sure why but anyway....

NOW

1.  Both of my radios FT2000 and FTdx9000D work just fine without any fiddling around on COM 3, 4, 5, or 6!   That is to say that I can bring up Writelog and control either radio on any of the com ports just dandy.  Further, the same is true with Ham Radio Deluxe program.

So I just can’t think of what else it could be.  I am going to go into MMTTY and see if somehow I can “turn off”  the EXTFSK module (assuming that it may be on from previous use  with Writelog in case that module is interfering with the operation of the stand alone version of MMTTY I am trying to get to communicate with any of the above mentioned com ports!  But don’t believe I had any problem using this feature before.  But who knows.    I am going to check that and if I don’t get back to you within the next hour you know it doesn’t have anything to do with the problem.

Boy, this is starting to drive me crazzzzy!

Van, K7VS