[RTTY] Self spotting outside of a contest?

jim wb5aaa at windstream.net
Wed Jul 13 08:59:04 PDT 2011

I have done the same on 10m RTTY   which is a lot like 160m RTTY
Not very many  takers .... call CQ for  hour with no Q's   then make a post
And here comes 2 or 3 .....

But every time  I do  a SELF SPOT   I get  some  e-mail  saying it is not
right

No different than someone  posting  beacons
Or someone  posting  the people they have worked on  the Freq.  they are
calling CQ on

So I don't say anything  to anyone   IF THEY POST  or if I get e-mail when I
post

from the shack of
WB5AAA
73 de JIM