[RTTY] so2r controller choice

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 22:28:24 PDT 2011

Guys,

I wanted to find out what kind of so2r controllers you have chosen.  I’m at the cross roads myself and this seemingly simple choice has become more complicated than I guess it probably should be.  It’s an easier pick for CW/SSB – but for RTTY, the needs are somewhat simpler as the pc is doing the decoding so the need for automatic and isolated switching features is of lesser importance.

In a sense, a guy probably could get away without a box at all.  Just feed rig 1 in to the left ear and rig 2 into the right ear.  I’ve run SO2V for a while with out using headphones – just left side speaker and a right side speaker – and that worked fine.

Of course, this provides no lockout or other cool and comforting security features.  Or maybe I’m overlooking some super critical feature in the mix?

Appreciate any advice or comments the group may have.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com