[RTTY] RTTY to Digital DXCC

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Jul 21 12:45:59 PDT 2011

Bill asks "Why not?"

"Time and the world do not stand still.
Change is the law of life. And those who
look only to the past or the present are
certain to miss the future."

President John F Kennedy, June 25, 1963
Assembly Hall at Paulskirche, Frankfurt, Germany

Looking to the future includes many of the suggestions that have been
brought up in this thread. It's difficult for some to "see new
technology" and then actually apply it to existing workflows. Throw in
some "change is difficult" and there you have it. That's "Why not?", in
my opinion.

Of course you have the opposite situation as well... where technologists
forge ahead with new technology without proper consideration for the
ramifications in the user community. For example, LoTW... a great idea,
without adequate vetting of the target audience. (Again, IMO. Don't tell
me how "easy it is" because it is obviously not, within the target
audience.)

But LoTW is not the only example. Microsoft is guilty as well. They were
rolling out new versions, updates and patches so fast that the
Corporations abandoned these rapid upgrades for their internal user
communities. Moving 40,000 desktop computers to a new operating system
was a technical challenge, but "do-able" with proper planning. The fall
out was 40,000 employees coming in on Monday and not recognizing their
new desktop screen or how to navigate and get their work done.

</soapbox>

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN