[RTTY] Digital Oscilloscope for tuning RTTY?

Kim A. Hinceman khinceman at comporium.net
Fri Jul 29 07:22:35 PDT 2011

I enjoy tuning RTTY with "crossed bananas" with an old analog oscilloscope fed from the scope outputs of an AEA PK-232 or CP-1.  This is supplemental to software displays.

Question:

Rigol has an attractively priced digital oscilloscope (DS1052E) available.  Can digital scopes be used to view "crossed bananas" for tuning?  If so, any caveats?

I have no experience with digital scopes, so any input would be most welcomed.  RTTY or modulation display would be the major use for the instrument.

Thanks,

Kim
K4ATX