[RTTY] Shift 170 -vs- 200

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Thu Jun 9 10:12:41 PDT 2011

Why all the conversation about 200 vs 170 shift and a mod for the PK-232?  I thought everyone was running mmty these days?  Is there some reason I should pull my PK-232 back out of the junk box???

Also, over the years, several thousand q’s on rtty primarily during contests.  I did pull it out and work the Andaman Island group on their first dxpedition several years ago on 20 meters.  Don’t remember why I dug it out then.  And I don’t recall having to retune my radios when running stations using the PK-232!

Van K7VS (WA7FAB)