[RTTY] Three lessons from NAQP

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Tue Mar 1 09:23:47 PST 2011

I agree with each of Mike's several very good points below.  A key inference
from all his comments is to make messages modular so that two or more can be
dynamically combined to create the appropriate message depending on the
situation.  Don't pre-suppose that the "perfect" exchange message can be
programmed into one Fn key and used universally.  <your call>, <his call>,
and each exchange element should be each on its own Fn key just once.  Then,
you can send them the appropriate number of times per the specific situation
and/or combine them with your nominal Fn messages (CQ, exchange and QSL)
when needed.

Ed - W0YK