[RTTY] RTTY Newbie and brag files

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Tue Mar 1 16:22:00 PST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:42, Kok Chen <chen at mac.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2011, at 3/1    8:22 AM, Roger Cooke wrote:
>
>> Actually, we scoff at brag tapes and so on, but in essence they are
>> not that much different from a normal QSO, in which we exchange
>> names, locations, antennas, gear, but stop at Aunt Nellie's cat or
>> our birthdays!
>
> I am one of those who scoff at brag tapes.  So much so that, to

I used to have one until this came up on this list last time (2 years
ago, maybe?).  Deleted it then and there.

In fairness, it didn't get used a lot.  I mostly do contests, where I
need that "useless" exchange to prove a valid contact and get the
point/mult or for adding New Ones, where I really only need to see
"599 TU".

But I still don't see the point of those long tapes so I don't have one.